On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Being Pilferer !!

Challenge # 01

Now those know the meaning of Pilfer, the suspense might be over ! Those who don’t you will get to know as you keep reading.

How many of you remember all the notorious works you have done during your Childhood? Well I remember most of them.

One such moment was to get Rs.1 – Orange Ice without the knowledge of Dad. I used to be quite mischievous when I was a kid. Dad never allowed me to take the Ice-Cream from the road side or from the Ice Cart fellow bcos of it's quality. But who used to listen when we were young?

My nerves and my brain used to get alarmed when I hear the bells of the Ice Cart fellow. Immediately look into my Piggy Bank for money but my Dad and Mom always used to get double alert when they hear the bell sound and always have a look at it.

But somehow I get an Ice_cream always. Guess How?

Both Dad and Mom had their eyes on my Piggy Bank but never used to notice their own purses. Lol :P :P

Yes, I used to take Rs.1 – Ek Rupaya from any one of them and tell some lies that I am going to terrace to play but run via different entrance of the Air Force Quarters and get the Ice-Cream. This used to be my regular activity.

I wouldn't define it as stealing. I would call it as a Pilfer (to steal (minor items), esp. in small quantities). A small notorious act.

My other pilfering activities for the same Rs.1 used to be for buying Balloon – Apple Shaped Ones, buying Goti / Marbles (Goli ka in Tamil), ropes for Kites & few more.

Now, you guys might be thinking for this Rs.1, this guy had been pilfering? I would say, now this Rs.1 might not look big now but guys of 80’s rewind your past to our Childhood just imagine how precious that Rs.1 used to be. How many things we used to get with that Rs.1 those days.

Rarely used to get caught by Dad for such things, but always escape by buttering some Lie. Still I don’t know whether Mom & Dad knew I was doing such things those times, but I will cherish those moment all throughout my life. Even now have no idea how my Mom and Dad would react if they come to know how their son used to nab around Rs.1 from their pockets and purses.

Feeling nostalgic & happy at the end.

Chalo #Challenge #01 is over.

Cya in the next #Challenge

p.s.: This challenge was thrown by my closie. Kudos to her for giving me such a wonderful childhood kindling topic. Hope I have kept my Humor in this particular topic. Names of the person who suggested each topic will be published after the 1st round of challenge.




Share

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Now, I understand the reason behind your 'Thiruttu Mulli" ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He He deii Deii Vishal, this stuff nothing to relate with my Thiruttu Mulli da :) but tut Mulli gives me a criminal look sometimes :)

      Delete
  2. I might have pilfered twice or thrice on class x to visit a broadband cafe at Tirunelveli junction which boasted that had a 1Mbps Connection and a billiards parlour.

    Namma oorukku othu varla.. That centre was closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you ask any one dey would have pilfered atleast once in their whole time :) but the first pilfering always used to be the best one and particularly in childhood ones are the best ones :)

      and namma ooru ku laam, Billiards during 2000 beginning laam konjam romba over thaan...

      Delete