On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Friday 21 October 2011

9 Years old guy ma Music Tutor :)

Its been 20 months I have been learning the Strumming of Guitar to some extent and will be learning in the coming years too, most important also have started to teach some guys over there as Part time on request of ma master ;) , Of late my hands was itching to learning another Instrument. Though I have a Keyboard in ma home, from my childhood I had an interest towards the beats. 


So alas I was into that too for the past 2 weeks. I have learnt quickly around 2-3 types of beats. I usually go very late, around 9.30 and return by 10.30. My music Master keep the class open esply for guys like us till 11.00 p.m. Anyways Yesterday was something a pleasant learning experience. 


A young boy came that time, he was one hour late for his class. He used to come 8.30 to 9.30. He sat and started to play some fast beats, no doubt ma eye brow's were raised. After some time he asked me, Anna you were in Guitar nah, now how come sitting here. I said, Thambi I am also learning Drums for the last two weeks. 


He was so innocent and asked me, "Which standard are you from?", I said I am working dear. He said OK. Meanwhile I was trying to concentrate on my new beat and make it pakka, but it was not synchronizing i.e. ma hand beats and leg beat. 


I thought OK, lemme check what that guy knew. I asked him, How Long are you learning Drums? He said last 2 years and he was 9 years old, so imagine guys he was learning from the age of 7. Then asked him how many beats does he knows, he said 94 finished and yet to start 95 !!! That little one's name was Paveen. 


Guys imagine, I was on the 4th one and he was on 95th !! Immediately decided chalo this guy is gonna be ma tutor for the day, because my master was quite busy with some new students. 


It was I guess my 6th class and my hands were itching to start playing on the pads. I know my master is very strict He will not allow until he is satisfied but he allowed me as I was picking up quickly. He asked Paveen to switch on the pad and keep it on to some mode and with some beat, he kept that and asked me to play. 


I tried my hard but I was unable to play on the right portions of the pad. With no hesitancy I seeked Paveen's help. I thought he may hesitate or may laugh, but mark my words he had patience. He came stood with me, and taught me slowly to play rightly. 


He left his practice and sat with me. He made sure some how that I should learn it and to my surprise I learnt in a matter of 20 minutes perfectly. 


By that time his Dad came to pick up, he just bid Bye and went. I practiced for 10 more minutes and came home. 


Came home, had dinner but I couldnt take that guy outta ma mind. I just loved his innocence to teach me with patience. He didnt bother about our Age gap and was keen to make sure I should be pakka.
Though he may be a 9 years old I will proudly accept him as my Tutor !!! 


I wish I could meet him again some day again and learn few more new beats from him.


Guys, this experience may look funny but was a pleasant experience to learn from small chaps. 


Chalo time to end the day. 
Take Care !!!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. hi Joe!!! super da.. so u have started learning drums too.. great! I am glad u have a little friend and a little teacher. Kids are great sources of learning. They don't judge anyone. They are fast learners and curious. There are so many things to learn for the non egoistic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup dude, of late I though being just dump sitting in home after office, one hour I should spend on something useful so though Okay lemme try ma hands on Drums ;)

    Anyways as you said, all the young ones they don't have an dangerous thing called EGO in them !!!
    I wish I could learn more facts of life from the present generation young ones ;)

    Cheers for the comments dude ;)

    ReplyDelete