On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Thursday 2 February 2012

93+

"93+" ---- Guess what? 
It is my Grandpa (Dad's Appa) Age ! 
Robert Appadurai is my beloved Grandpa - "Man of Principle & Discipline". He is almost 63 years elder than me, but I have neva felt that. 
Born on Jan 20th 1920, he was the last child of my great grand parents. All his siblings almost rchd 100 and then only passed away.
At the age of 19, he got a chance to serve for the nation for the II World War on behalf of the Britishers he was a part of "Royal AirForce", later after the war he was given option whether he wants to go home or retain in AirForce. He chose to serve the nation - Police AirForce. 
During his tenure period, he was a part of Burma War which happened in 50's and few other Nation's War. 
Since he was transferred all over India he shifted his family (Grandma, Dad and his siblings) to Nellai. Since then he has been living alone. 

Guys, hez a damn rough and tough man, neva has obeyed his seniors and his juniors had very tough time. He has met with serious accident in Manipur because of rash driving. 

I have always seen active since my childhood. He used to take me in cycle and show "Water Tank" when I was 3 year kid. When I was young he used to have loads of Rabbit, I just loved it. Till now, he is having bunch of Hen and Cock. He is very fond of that, when I ever I go home nalla Naatu Kozhi will be ready. lol :P :P 

Other than that he is a very spiritual person. One important character his he always man of discipline. Mark my words guys, he always eat only limited food right from his young age, no matter how tasty the food may be, will take only some. Neva gets tempted to any new food stuffs, but you offer him to eat he will just to taste. You plan to go some where outside with him, he will be the first person to get ready.I bet you can neva see a Gentleman like him, ppl around his locality respect him a lot. 


As I mentioned he is a rough and tough man, he has never been idle and calm. Always used to active. In recent times he would have fallen nearly 10 times, but his Will Power, My goodness has neva reduced to be honest. It has always been on top. During my college days, whenever I used to go home I have seen him with bandages. 


He has neva been so playful with me till date, but he Loves me alot, cos I am his first son's child. He has loads of soft corner for me but neva expresses out. He neva forgets to wish my Birthday. 


After he came out from IAF he bought his rifle, he still has it. 5 years ago they asked to return because he has crosses 80 so asked to change the ownership to Dad, cos he wished to retain it. So it is still with him. 
I just Love him a lot, but I too neva expresses it out to him. I just be so formal to him cos he likes to be in that manner to him. 
He is a wonderful vocal singer and knows to play few instruments too. 






None can be him. He is one of the rarest species of Human I should say. He has enjoyed the oldest days and the latest advanced communicative world. 
He neva thinks hez old, last week went to my Athai's daughter school function whoz just UKG in Jeans and T-Shirt imagine his youthness. 


I just Love Him, Adore Him alot. Dad can neva be my Grandpa and I can neva be my Dad and him. I just wish he shud live long atmost 100+and ma next wish my Child / Children shud see him ;) 




This is a short profile of my great and beloved Grandpa ! 
Today 2/2/12 I got a chance to take a pic with after a long time. I am so happy....






No comments:

Post a Comment