On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Tuesday 8 November 2011

1986 November 8th :)


Yet another episode of ma Life J Infact the first episode of my Life.
This was as narrated by my Parents, really I was moved when they said it with loads of expressions and happiness in their face. I was eager to share with you all on this particular day only.

November 8th 1986 may not be a special day for the world but for Philip Kumar Roberts and Grace Philip indeed it was, because for them their world was born in “Annai Velankani Hospital” Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli.

Mom got labour pain on 7th Nov 1986 night and so she was admitted the same night. But later the pain calmed down. Dad was in Kovilpatti with my Chitappa.  The date of delivery given was 3rd week of November so my dad was not much concerned about my delivery by 1st week of November itself.


November 8th , It was a bright sunny Saturday and all my family members were present in the hospital. Mom is the first child and her siblings were of teenage group. My last mama was doing his 1st year college so all were eager to welcome a new one in their family.

It was around 10.30 a.m. that my mom didn’t got any labour pain so the doctors decided to go for operation but one nurse over there advised mom to just try for a normal delivery. Alas with loads of pain and happiness in it, my mom gave me Birth at the stroke of around 11.15 a.m.

Those days there were no telephone communication, the fastest communication was Telegram. One of my Grandpa working in postal department immediately sent the communication.

Another interesting incident happened at my Dad’s place. My dad’s elder sister too gave birth to a boy on November 7th 1986, exactly a day before I was born. He was born in Tuticorin. A telegram too was sent to my dad’s place on 7th evening itself, but the post man delivered the both the telegrams on 8th. Mark my words folks, both the telegram incidently had the same message “Congratulations! Male Baby Born”

Both my dad and chitappa got confused what is this yaar both telegrams on same date it is coming and from different palaces. But my dad obviously decided to see me. My mom still says, dad and chitappa came in White Bright Kurta.

Meanwhile before dad arrived, my great grandmother found that I was finding difficulty in breathing. I was immediately shifted to Ventilator box. Mom was not back to her consciousness by that time, when she woke up she immediately started to cry asking for me. She said she heard the voice of my boy, where is he. These words were so emotional when mom narrated it. Then my grandma took her to the place where I was shifted for some i.e. the Ventilator Box.

No sooner my dad too arrived. Still he says, “There were tears in his eyes when he saw me ! He said I was like a tiny doll with loads of hair”. I was so naughty that I was strong enough to pull out the oxygen tube atleast once in 15 minutes. Nurse had difficult time :P
In the background it was my Grandpa (Mom’s pa) who was working as a Head Master got the news. He was hardly below 50 at that time but he was shouting in joy on the way in the bus “Hey give me seat, give me seat, I was have become Thatha”. What a pleasant words nah.

I was the first to give Philip and Grace the post of Parents, first to give the post of Mama, Athai, Chitappa, Chithi from my Mom’s side. Still I am a special child for them. From my dad’s side I was the third but still both my Grandpa and Grandma loved me because dad was the first son. My dad has one elder sister and she had already 3 son’s including one who was born a day before.

This episode was narrated in just a matter of 10 minutes by my Dad and Mom but it had the Happiness and Love of 25 long years in it. Am really blessed and gifted to have such a wonderful parents. I was thrilled to hear when mom said about dad’s tears when he saw me and mom’s cry to see me for the first time which was narrated by my dad. Really they both exchanged about each other more rather telling about how they really felt. That strong bondage and Love has always kept me safe and secure all through my life so far and it will keep me the same till last.

 Today, I owe that I will always Love, Respect & Honour them the same as I had been doing for the last 25 years. I had let them down in few occasions but past     25 years has taught me loads of experience and milestones.

Hope I didn’t bore you folks with my personal stuffs yet again.
Cheers for those who liked it, I would love know your comments too.

With Loads of Love and Care !!!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment