On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Thursday 12 May 2016

Being Patient !!!

In continuation with my previous blog post of 168, am planning to share some nostalgic moments which happened in those days. One such event happened on March 6th 2016 !!

If you are thinking if I mis-spelt Patient instead of Patience, read though the post you will know.
It was my first gathering with my college mates post marriage. I was very much excited because it was with my special ones Ragz and Pradeep. We were missing Dinesh though. My better half Tina joined the party for the first time with the galla gang.

On usual note we planned to huddle first for lunch and followed by beach. We chose one of very known restaurant owned by my very dear friend. As I am hardcore foodie I decided to have something special on that so called up my friend and asked what was special on that. To my surprise he suggested Fish fry aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd LOBSTER.

It was for the first time I was eating Shrimp varieties though have eaten Prawns and Crab many times. Only myself and Pradeep ate the junk of the lobster and the pretty girls consumed hardly one or two pieces. It was tasty and quite well cooked to our knowledge.

It would have been hardly 15 minutes, my nose got blocked completely I mean never have experienced such a rapid cold increase. Slowly my eyes started to get red. Tina told, probably the masala would have accidentally gone into my eyes, so I decided to wash my face. Probably the biggest mistake I did. What happened after that was a real memories to freeze.

Tina and Ragz slowly started to stop eating and stare me. Tina was enjoying her Chicken Drumstick and she couldn’t eat more. She got scare seeing my face and so as Ragz. I started to get more itching so started to rub my face more and more. I asked what happened, they told my face has started to bulge. I asked what?? Then slowly I started to choke a lot. Myself and Pradeep immediately rushed to a nearest Medical store. Even though Being Sunday I was lucky enough to get a medical store. I Called up my Family doctor and he confirmed a peculiar term Anaphylaxis. It didn’t get into my mind that word because for the first time I was hearing. He was pretty sure and told to rush to hospital if the cold and choking doesn’t stop. I went back to the restaurant, but wasn’t able to breathe more and started to lose my breathe. That’s when we decided to rush to hospital because my face was full red, and the full face turned into a balloon.

I had strength to walk myself upto the Emergency ward. The moment I stepped in, the Duty doctor just the told the same word Anaphylaxis. She continued asking did I eat Prawn, I told no Lobster. She told its confirmed Anaphylaxis and please get admitted immediately. Believe me never in my life had ever been admitted in a hospital, but that day I was my first day of admission into a hospital.

It was a kinda cinematic experience when, I was asked to lay down on a bed, Oxygen supply was given to me, Pulse and BP check meter were put on and to add cherry to the cake all the doctors surrounded me and asked one big question “WHAT HAPPENDED”. I mean was wondering, how can a patient who is losing his consciousness , pulse getting lower and unable to breathe and Oxygen supply on his mouth can reply back at that moment?

I was completely unaware of what was happening for almost 20 minutes or so. I was given three to four shots of heavy Injections. Just remember Tina came once and brushed my hair with concern and later felt a pain on my right wrist. It was then I released that given NS / Drips I think to keep me hydrated. My BP was still high and pulse was lower than normal. After 20 minutes my question was when can I go? Doctor said they can’t leave me since usually Anaphylaxis reacts only after couple of hours. So they told I had to stay back under observation for 4 hours. No other go, I had to maintain my patience. My face was still the same and wasn’t recovering so fast.

It was 4 hours of nostalgic moment where I had to keep my patience to top level with my Mouth shut because Oxygen supply was continuously pumped with high dosage of Nebulizers.

One thing was clear they had found the remedy / treatment but wanted to keep hospitalized because accordingly to their hospital policy, admit any patient who come for emergency and make sure you empty their purse. I mean, can’t blame them because such was their hospitality and service which sometimes deserve a lot than we pay.

After say four hours of Meditation, I was discharged. Meanwhile, pradeep managed to talk to my Dad and consoled that I am out of danger and will come home with no danger. I came home and my entire family were waiting for my return. They were kinda shocked to see my face because the intensity of reaction was such.

I was given some normal medications, but it took almost a week to come back to normal look.
Below the picture, of how I looked 3 days after the incident. I looked like a Chinese man even on third day, so imagine how would I been on the day of incident and following couple of days. Just unimaginable of how such small carelessness changes your life in a minute. Next picture was after a week.




Good thing was that, I wasn’t charged more hospital bill and didn’t had much pain or side effects.
Some funny incidents happened in the midst of these things I will bullet them:
Hospital bill was not too high and later I claimed it back.
At the time of discharge asked Tina to enquire Doctor as when can I eat Non-Veg. She got scolding, he he he and was advised not to consume for a week. Poor girl made her scape goat.
I kept on cracking jokes after I regained my consciousness.
Last, there was young duty doctor who was good looking. I mean am a Married man guys, I am a good boy now. Pradeep had good time.
It was my first hospitalization so I made sure I enjoy very well.

Whatever at the end, I just praised God for few things one I didn’t lose my breathe to zero which could have happened such is the intensity of Anaphylaxis, next Hospital was hardly couple of kms away from the restaurant we ate, next wasn’t hospitalized for too long and last got to know to avoid Lobster henceforth.

The post may look humour but sometimes feel for Tina and my friends who went speechless outta concern and my parents who were in a state of shock because I got admitted.

Few more nostalgic moments which I will be sharing in those 168 days of post Marriage.  

Below the picture of the Lobster which I ate that day, the cooked pieces were inside the bamboo boxes. Took it before i ate it. 



Share

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to learn and enjoy the life. We are very pleased to read the lines thanking God. Please convey my regards to dad & mom and our blessings to your best-half.

    Please spare a day to visit us at thanjavur along with dad,mom and Tina.

    With love,

    Asokan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Uncle !!!! Yeah definitely God willing will spare a weekend for a stay !!!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard about Anaphylaxis before. Seems you were allergic. Food looks really good . but, it would have been alarming for your wife and parents . Interesting write up and informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was and am allergic to such foods !! Doctors have advised me to avoid simple !!! yeah wife and parents were in a state of speechless till I came to consciousness !!!

      Delete