On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Orkut

This word was once a buzz word a decade ago. Almost all my UG Class mates were having an account of our own, even though Internet connectivity was not so user friendly via mobile & at home. Still we used to spend hours and hours in Interne CafĂ©’ and kill our time in Orkut.

Following were our rule book of Social Networking particular in Orkut.
Rule 1 : If you don’t have an orkut account then you are doing a sin.
Rule 2: You need to be part of any Community for sure.
Rule 3: You need to send Testimonials
Rule 4: Search new friends and make new unlimited friends via common community groups
Rule 5: Need to keep on scrapping right from Bday’s to all status updates
Rule6: Keep updating the Orkut header name

Still remember we used to follow these rules strictly and with so much sincerity. Had I shown the same interest in my studies in UG days things would have changed? But Orkut gave me new friends and an understanding about the power of Internet and strength of Social Networking. I used to be an addict to it.

Ask my K750i (Scorpio) it would cry literary, bcos in that mobile and with those days internet connectivity I used to always open my Orkut page and keep “scrapping”.
I had few secret crushes in it but couldn’t follow it up later and ground nut frying with them and few others used to be my full time assignment.

What FB is to these generation college guys, the same used to be for us a decade ago. Orkut had some good features like Testimonials, which helped to build the image of a person. It was all the way to understand a person to a new level. I doubt how many Social Networking sites have such an option.

Still I donno how to describe my action towards Orkut, how it was….
Yesterday got the clear news that Orkut gonna be closed down from today, was little sad but felt Nostalgic. But we need to live with it, things need to be on the move and on new stuff will change the lifestyle of people in social networking aspect.
Wanna share something special at the end !!!

My copy paste status of my FB status of today :
“#23852 Scraps, #600+ pics, 20+ Testimonials, 50+ video uploads, 60+ Community pages.....all gonna end today  My goodness still remember how during ma UG College days i was addicted to it in my Sony K750i mobile  ‪#‎MotherOfAllSocialNetwork‬ Sad its gonna end today  
‪#‎Orkut‬ will remember you always”

Wanna end this post the few Testimonials close my heart which my besties shared about me, I didn’t wanted those to just get demolished, so I am publishing it here the original copies of it….













Thanks alot Orkut for the wonderful memories which you had shared all through these years :) 

#TakeABow to #Orkut....

Anyway hope I have given a good personal farewell to #Orkut from my side....


#GoodByeOrkut :) #R.I.P #Orkut !!!





Share

2 comments:

  1. Dei Jothika thanks for bringing back our old memories da, when i read my testimonial getting goose bumps without my knowledge, as i mentioned in that, whatta time we had during our college.... Miss it badly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those days can't be brought be back but we had a wonderful nostalgic college days which can't be replaced at any circumstances......:) :D ;)

      Delete