On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Monday 1 August 2016

The Hype

As the title suggests this post is all about the hype and which ran through all people’s mind about a week ago !

If you have guessed what I meant then just silently read through else with no other option read through !! Ha ha ha !!

It all started on May 1st when I saw the first glimpses of it, and I made up mind that I am not gonna miss even this time. As the months passed on slowly the hype and the drama was build up all around us. It was there everywhere and even in all social media. The more and more hype was built up the more I became curious to witness it.

Finally it was the last week of the drama and the hype was at its peak. I started to approach all sources to not to miss the moment. Started calling, all my friends one by one but everyone had negative replies tagged to them. Even approached the help of Online but it was a total vain.

At one point I had only two options left, it was either I had to travel almost out of city or spend more. My inner mind kept on asking one big questions, is it worth it? isn’t the hype too high? The reply honestly was YES within me but my stupid mind was focussed still on that. The day before the drama I hardly worked and kept on calling every friends and even friends of friends. Tina (My wife)  was almost wondering why have I become such an idiot?

The previous night I was awake till midnight and was kept on calling Deepak Anna, but he too said no bro. Finally I gave up and slept off.

The day finally arrived – 22nd of July 2016 ! Now I think everyone would have guessed what that hype was – KABALI !!

I am not an ardent fan of Rajini or cine star and not at all a regular FDFS watcher. But something kept on insisting I should watch it FDFS if not only after a week. My previous FDFS were Enthiran, Kochadiyan, Linga etc. all Rajini Movies, so didn't wanted to break the momentum.

The morning of 22nd July, my friend CASEY dropped a message that Tickets are available for Rs.400/- in Woodlands theatre. I offered the ticket to my School bestie Ramesh, but to my surprise he told Mamz, free tickets are there start !! I had no words to say, just had a quick shower and was on my bike in 15 mintues. Finally I witnessed the HYPE !!

Was lucky to watch it twice not once, and with Tina too. One thing she told immediately after coming out Movie was good but not worth Rs.1000/- ticket and all. Because she was against me getting tickets for even Rs.400/-. End punch from her was it was nothing near to THERI movie. I asked what?? Ardent Vijay fan nothing can be done

I am not here to review the movie, to me I was just keen to watch the First Day First Show not as a mad fan but just to gel and get along with the hype which was created. To me, I went without any expectations to the movie and completely enjoyed the entire movie witnessing Rajini on the screen, his style, dressing, stunts etc. like everything I enjoyed to the core completely leaving behind all the negatives.

The hype was as such because everywhere you see in social media it was Kabali. Few office declaring holiday and Painting on the flights were completely which I never witnessed for any movie. I am not here to justify whether it was right or wrong.

As a marketing lad, would say the producers did a wonderful Marketing by targeting all possible ways of achieving the hype and achieved more that their target.

As a foolish freak I can proudly say I too watched KABALI on First Day and was part of that hype which the whole world faced in the 3rd week of July 2016 !

#NeruppaDa !!





Share

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Indeed the hype was hero worship which could be channelled but that's just my thought, not as an ardent fan, but as a true human being, which am sure Rajini ji will also agree, and he is just tied up like any other public figure because of the position when such is portrayed! I am yet to watch, but I will for all the hype and also as thalaivar's little fan! :) Cinema Industry rules reality these days!!
    - Janani Ramya V :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was all the social media who created such a hype....particularly the MEMES grabbed the attraction to the core !!! if you think it wisely we feel guilty that its a movie at the end then why such a fuss lol :P

      Delete
  2. Joseph Purushoth: Ennama neenga ipdi panreengale ma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, I believe his charisma is enough to keep me going again and again. Kabali and Rajini are not just a movie and an actor, it's a FEELING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, I believe his charisma is enough to keep me going again and again. Kabali and Rajini are not just a movie and an actor, it's a FEELING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I guessed it was about your Kabali experience from your line 2 itself. I second your opinion about the movie's marketing strategy. The promotion was actually the Kabali's USP. I haven't watched Kabali yet to pen down my opinion. But, I strongly object justifying the unfixed ticket rate and making it legal to sell the tickets at any desired cost. This will eventually lead to inflation. People will be forced to start paying more for the same product they are actually receiving. Tamil Nadu is the only state which has got many good theatres and costs a mere Rs. 120/ticket. This culture could be damaged.

    Even Kabali didn't fulfil most people's expectations, Rajini's reputation is not going to come down by any means. Because, he already proved where he stands in the Tamil Cinema Industry.

    You want to experience the hype and fuss around FDFS and You were gifted to enjoy it.. :)

    Before ending, I'd like to add people should also have enough maturity to digest(not accept) negative reviews. How one has freedom to express their love about the movie also has freedom to hate.

    Hating a movie is not that bad than hating a fellow human being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. see ticket buffering was something unaccetable but there was no choice bcos of the hype !! None of the Online booking were available for ppl let it be any site......all tickets were blocked by theatres itself and sold it......

    and coming to haters, It was Director's cut to make a movie like that so can't blame Rajini !!

    Anyway at the end it's a movie so had to be watched and just add it to the list of watched movies !!

    ReplyDelete