On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Saturday 13 November 2010

Chachu’s Marriage

It was yet another family festive / get together which incidentally happened on my Birthday, I was so excited because it was my dearest Chachu’s Marriage and also my B’Day. I was also happy because I celebrated my birthday and got blessings from all my elders.
Nov 7th myself, dad, mom, chithi, chitappa and thambi boarded the train, and to our surprise Michael mama was also in the same train who was travelling from Mumbai, really we chatted till late night and had Chappati and Pepper Chicken as dinner...... it was yummy.
The next morning we reached Tirunelveli, I know I will have a jam packed day because all were expecting my presence for all the works. As I expected the moment I got fresh, Raja mama came and asked me to go and check whether all items for cooking and decorations are ready. One thing I had an advantage I got a Kinetic Honda with full tank of fuel in it lol. Then finished that and returned at 1 in the noon, at 1.10 my Chachu i.e. Kalyana mappillai, said he wanted to buy Make up sets, Shoe and Belt.
Then went with him and retuned only at 3 and had lunch. Then what rest uh ?? no no, my akka came and said arrange extra vans for going to Bride’s home needed to be arranged, then went and arranged. Mean while akka took me to jewellery shop for some purchase. Then evening some function and dinner in the hall was held and night I had to stay back for the decoration works. Uff, I came back at about 11 in the night, there everyone were in full swing doing chit-o-chat, well that is a tradition of our family to not to sleep the whole night the day before marriage because that is only night we all spend and meet each other after years. Then it was my unexpected birthday party, I have posted in detail in my next post.
Then after the party none of my family members had the intension to sleep, I somehow managed to get a bench in which just relaxed and could relax. Then it was an early morning marriage all dressed up and went for the marriage, it was so exciting day because it my dearest Chachu’s marriage. In between there were excitements like bursting crackers, fun with kutties, dance and some unforgettable moments. The whole day went like a flash, and then afternoon came and slept off. Then evening, my grandpa woke me and asked me join to count all the MOI MONEY, did that counting work. It was quite healthy collection lol. Then night I had to arrange the dinner for all.
It was indeed a special marriage for one more reason, for the first time lots of responsibilities came to me for all works like money settlements that too I was roaming with 20k, decoration in-charge, food in-charge, logistics in-charge. Before that I may have done only small works maximum serving, but this time supervising the serving and under me were my younger mama’s. Many now consider me as a grown up kid in my thoughts and ideas and they gave me all the works. Already for this chachu’s engagement it was only me who did all the works, so they saw my efforts and raised my value. I was happy that I did all the works, because it was always urge in my mind to do such things, because I don’t have any siblings I think cha I am really unlucky that I couldn’t do such works. I always admire my friends when they work hard for their sister / bro’s marriage. Really when I experienced on my own I got to know the real fun with responsibility in it. I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful family.
The next day after the marriage was the packing day, but till noon had works, because had to settle the money for Video coverage, then hall so again was in move. Then it was almost 5 when I packed up and boarded the train. It looked like some flash visit for 3 days and 4 nights but it was a memorable trip.

(The Whole Family)

Hope I dint bore you people by mixing by sharing my family things and senti’s in this post.
Cheers for your support. 


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment