On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !

"On My Life and Happenings ............ As it is !!!"

Thursday 26 January 2012

Mumbai

Mumbai - the unconquered city is now conquered. Dad cos he served in IAF I got chances to see all cities of India except for West India particularly Mumbai. It was a dream come true trip.

I was promoted as a Marketing Manager of a Pharma company who is our client. I booked ma tickets in last moment and got it confirmed thru Quota’s ;) :D

Chalo the journey beings here ------- Whoooooohooooooooooooooooo ;)

23rd morning boarded my train wid loads of Butterflies in ma stomach, guy I may sound childish but I love exploration of Cities. There were few solid reasons why this trip I was so special.

1st I was itching to talk Hindi which I lost the touch way back after I switched over to Tamil Nadu, 2nd was my friend – Vishal, who I was supposed to meet him after 8 years and 3rd City of Mumbai.

The train journey in 3A A/C was not quite boring but I enjoyed the calm cabin too.

24th Morning, my dream came true, I was in Dadar morning at 6.00 ! My Mama came to pick me up, he took me to Dharavi. Then I went to Mahim to meet my Grandpa and Grandma.

My meeting was supposed to be at 12.30 but it got postponed to 3.30, so ma mama took me to places nearby Maatunga, a south-indian area. Most of them spoke Tamil over there I was excited. Crossed Phool-Market and then went to Bandra and came home.

Afternoon my uncle took me to Marine Lines. Mark ma words tut was the core Mumbai, people were moving around like mad. I was supposed to go to Princess Street / Dawa Bazaar. It was the heart venue for Business. All wholesale Medicines, Stationaries and Books were there. Then after the meeting, I was supposed to meet the doctors for ma work and get familiarized with them. So went to Mohammed Ali Street, Lal Baug , Varadamaan Heights and Kalachowkie. It was almost 7 in the evening when I finished my work and on the other hand ma 2nd dream was about to get fulfilled.

Yes you got it, Vishal. He was waiting for me in Sion. My office car with my Seniors were supposed to cross Sion so they left me over there. Then came the most moment --- met my buddy Vishal. Wow it was one such moment when we guys were awaiting for 8 long years. We both were almost in tears and hugged each other. 




He took me into his bike and first he took me to the most romantic place. Bandra Reclamation. Gaaawwd, the couples over there were in bunches all sitting unminding the public over there. Myself and Vishal went to the end were nobody was there and had a worst coffee but the night scene with beautiful lights of Mumbai was just wonderful. Then following to that we crossed Bandra and then went to Bandstand. Saw Actor SRK’s house, but near to that was a small beach. It was calm and serene but nevertheless was crowded with Couples. I mean this was expected in a metro city like Mumbai.

Following that we searching for a good hangout for Dinner. So we chose Lucky Restaurant in Mumbai. It was a nice restaurant which is famous for Briyani but I neva wanted that cos I am fed up with Briyani’s of Chennai.

After the dinner time was almost 11. I was just mentioning to Vishal that mappillai where is Juhu Beach and he fulfilled my wish. It was like 12.00 when we roamed around and reached Juhu Beach. The beach was so calm and wonderful. We had a long walk and sat on the wood. Spent around half n hour over there, and ate Kala-Khatta Kutchi Ice ;) :D It was tasty folks. Then ate the Pan ;) :D Time was running hard and it was almost 1 when we were starting from Juhu. He then left me in Dharavi. I was just in a state of excitement when I met Vishal and then we roamed together the places of Mumbai. Now you may ask me who is Vishal, my dearest school mate, a tall freak in short. We were together oly in 11th and 12th later he switched over to Mumbai. We both shared a special friendship which nobody know. I will pen it in detail if I post in ma Testimonials coloumn about him.

Chalo so reached back home at around 1, there lied the biggest surprise. My mama bought me a Jumbo Vada Paav. My buddies, Karthik and Priya mentioned don’t missout the famous Vada Paav, it was really damn tasty. I ate 2 more the next day from Jumbo King.

25th I was supposed to be in Marine Lines again at afternoon 12. So I woke up late and then started to Marine Lines. Before that I took a bike drive Sion and then came back to home. After the meeting again had to meet few doctors, on the way crossed the famous VT station/ CST, Crawford Market. Both are famous cos it was built by the Britishers. The building stood tall and strong. It was really amazing. 



Following that went to Maatunga and Thilak Nagar, Chembur. It was almost 3.30 when they dropped me in Sion. Then took a walk from Sion to Dharavi. It was a good walk. Reached home and it was time for lunch at 4.30 ;)

Around 7 only I got ma tickets confirmed, packed up things in hurry and reach station only at 8.20 for 8.30 train, rushed to ma cabin ;) It was quite thrilled whether I would reach on time or not.

One more interesting happening is the City Police. The rules are so strict comparatively to Chennai. No short hand bars, need to wear ISI marked helmets etc. One bridge near Maatunga I noticed the roads were crowded and I can see after the end of the bridge the roads were empty I was wondering what is happening, then when I went near I notice a Police Battalion was standing and were checking the vehicle’s paper. Even the cars were not spared.

Some of the best things about Mumbai which I loved, the tall Buildings, Crowded traffic which is common in all Metro’s, City Lights, more Cars than Bikes, Quite a number of Fly-Overs, Road side Vada Paav, Pan, Calm climate which neva made me sweat and lots more ;) in short THE CITY WHICH NEVER SLEEPS. On the whole I liked the city.



It was a short trip but I managed to visit and cross 19 places in Chennai in a matter of 38 hours. Isn’t that interesting to hear?

I may be visiting Mumbai from here on once in 45 days, but I may not be happy and excited when I saw it for the 1st time but I would be expecting more of suspenses and thrills. My next visit is expected on Feb last 2012. Hope that too will be an exciting visit. 

Next time I wish I could visit the famous Dalal Street, Fort and Hotel Taj :) "Vishal keep it in the agenda" lol :P :P 
Anyway sorry folks If i bored wid de post and most of u wud hav known were n all i went cos i was giving Check In updates every hour ;) lol :P :P 

Right now moving on to Chennai, and tomorrow office so everything will back to normal track.

Chalo guys hope you enjoyed the post.

Take care Love you all !




 









2 comments:

  1. Inime Mumbai kku ketta kaalam poranthuttu !
    Ini our paya Paav vada sapda mudiyathu !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. krathagha....dei oru nalla vaarthai solluvey nu paarthaaa....eppadi yaa?? cha stupid phellow ;) :D

    ReplyDelete